Saturday, May 16, 2009

Obama. (stage, X.)

For those of you who don't know about a month ago I called the White House in regards to painting a presidential portrait of Mr. Barack Hussein Obama II. My call was well received and this is the finished painting. Typically I paint exclusively from life meaning I have someone come to my studio and sit for me while I paint them. I did not expect this of the president and did not want to paint from a photo. So, I painted this portrait from his 3/21/2009: weekly address in HD.  I am now in the process of designing and building a custom corner gold leafed frame. I also need to contact Senator Russ Feingold about shipment of the painting to President Obama. I still need to varnish the painting and may make a few corrections once the paintings framed. 

(click on photo to see close up)



President Barack Hussein Obama II, 2009
oil on canvas panel, 14" x 18"
© Jeremy Kraemer, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment